Friday, September 9, 2011

Don’t mind me, if we need no I.D.

If you've stuck around here this long, you already know about Frankmusik. And it's fitting that he was one of the last posts on here before I, um, got distracted?

Since The Fear Inside, he has been ramping up his second album, which finally drops later this month.

The album's title track, Do It In The AM, has worn down the gears of my old iPod this summer -- always making me bob the ol' head a bit. It's a great collaboration with Far East Movement.

Now he's back with something completely different, with another fellow Cherrytree label-mate. Can you just feel the corporate synergy thumping on this album? No matter, Collette Carr does just fine by me on the track.

A little mellower, with a strange Grease-Is-The-Word vibe in the video, No I.D. is clearly a more mainstream attempt to get Vincent Frank front-and-center here in America.

If these two singles are a sign of what's to come, I can't wait for the album! Even better, the release date coincides with his Denver show, opening for Erasure at The Ogden Theater. I'll be there!

No I.D.


Do It In The A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.