Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Groove Armada

I'm too lazy usually to bother with creating playlists on my iPods, so smart playlists (usually a defined period of time, say the last three months)are my friend.

It's a democratic way of listening as all my new music gets the same shot at ingraining itself into my head.

This spring that meant a lot of skipping past hyped stuff that gets annoying quickly (I'm looking at you Muse and all you well-crafted Glee karaoke-fests). So as I pare down some of the jetsam, there are a few spring additions that keep getting repeat plays.

I've mentioned most of them on here, but there is one glaring omission.

You all need to buy Groove Armada's new album, Black Light.

The British duo have put out a stellar album that deftly navigates the electro trend, without forgetting their dance roots. This is a compilation put together squarely around their cadre of vocalists that they've enlisted for this project. It has legs, and it's one I'll be going back to as the year goes on.

Paper Romance


I Won't Kneel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.