Saturday, November 7, 2009

Momma just cross-dressed.

Earlier this summer I tried to raise my enthusiasm for the current Aqua reunion, wondering "if it's a failed gimmick from a band cashing in one last time, or whether it's a self-ironic nod from the ultimate plastic band."

Thankfully I can put those concerns behind me with the latest single they're using to launch their new Greatest Hits collection here stateside.

My Mamma Said
is a perfect reunion single, mixing the classic Aqua standards (nice harmonies from Lene Nystrøm Rasted plus Rene Dif's playful spoken stylings) with a slightly more grown up song. The video alone seems so much sleeker than their usual technicolor palette.

Worry not however, this is still Aqua.



Rumor has it, this reunion may have some more-permanent legs next year.

Suddenly, I think this cat may have a few lives yet to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.