Monday, September 8, 2008

Yawn, MTV.

Last year, I was pleasantly surprised by the MTV Video Music Awards.

I thought the intimate Las Vegas suites set-up actually allowed for some interesting pairings, in environments that looked fun to be in.

I'm not going to waste too much time with this years train wreck, but did anyone else think it looked like a boring, poorly attended warehouse party?

I guess it was fitting for a music channel that doesn't play music to put its awards in a dead, fake, movie-set world. Unfortunately, the whole thing fell flat.

Even the highlight of the evening, Pink rocking her new single, felt like a contrived theme park stunt spectacular.

For a show that was supposedly celebrating it's 25th anniversary, it just felt stale -- as thin as those cardboard sets.

Even a so-called "controversial" host couldn't liven it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.