Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is this forever and ever? I can go for miles, if you know what I mean.

A couple of divalicious music notes today:

1) Kylie Minogue

Kylie is back from chemotherapy, with a vengeance.

If this is what a comeback should look like, I say, gimme more.

It is a bold change of pace for the international sensation from down under. Her new album X comes out everywhere but the States next month, so I'm already picturing an Import Only sticker while the rest of America misses out.

This is 2 Hearts. I'm in love. I'm in love.



2) Shirley Bassey

I have long been a big fan of Shirley Bassey's big voice.

Her distinctive classic songbook, has long lent itself well to good beats. Propellerheads' History Repeating, for which she did the vocals a while back, is still probably one of my favorite songs. This apparently ageless Bond diva has since built herself a new fanbase by successfully treading that line between classic vocalist and remix-dance diva surprisingly well.

I had not even heard a peep about this new single until a friend pointed me to it earlier today.

Dame Shirley Bassey, meet Pink. Let's Get This Party Started, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.