Saturday, October 13, 2007

I got this feeling that they‘re gonna break down the door, I got this feeling that they’re gonna come back for more

The Killers are back with a blast of new musical goodness.

With Sawdust, their new b-sides album, dropping soon, the boys from Las Vegas are giving us two new singles to whet the palate until November.

Both are pretty darn nifty, if I may say so myself.

The first is a cover of Joy Division's Shadowplay. Technically out to promote the Ian Curtis biopic Control (which I've written about HERE), it's also on Sawdust. It's a bold yet reverent cover.

The official lead single, however, is new territory for Brandon Flowers and company. They've partenered up with rock legend, Lou Reed for an edgy anthem. It's tight, quick and takes you for a ride. It's REALLY good.

Take a listen to both Shadowplay & Tranquilize:



Both are supposed to be on iTunes already. I've only found Shadowplay so far. Sawdust is out Nov. 13.

Update 10/15: The band's website now says Tranquilize will be released on iTunes Oct. 23

Update 12/3: Here's the official video for Tranquilize. I really dig it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.