Monday, December 27, 2010

And you sway in the moon, the way you did when you were younger.

Duran Duran just keep on ticking, and it's usually in an interesting direction. While their 80s classics are still the high point in their career to me, I have really enjoyed their more recent forays back into the pop universe.

Both 2004's Astronaut, and to a slightly lesser extent 2007's Red Carpet Massacre, were relevant albums from a band some have confined to the dustbin of "when MTV still played music."

So it's with a raised eyebrow to see them pairing with Mark Ronson on their latest album, All You Need is Now. If there's anything I've learned over the past few years, when you have a band or singer you already like, and you mix them with a little Ronson it's usually well worth a listen.

The album's title track took a few plays for me to get the hang of it, and the video below helps a lot. It's a driving little return from an 80s band thats survived, and I'm really liking it!



Apparently the world agrees. The album's rocketing to number one on itunes charts worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.