Monday, April 19, 2010

Delphic

There must be something in the water over in Manchester, England. It's like an electronic assembly line over there, putting together beats ready to get you moving and on your feet!

Delphic, a thumping British quartet, has been on my radar for a little while now, but I really hadn't really given them much of a listen until now.

My bad.

Some people are already lauding their debut album as a best of the year contender. Since I'm old school, and tend to pay for my music, I won't get a chance to hear the whole thing until later this summer. The bits I have heard so far, though, are increasingly amazing.

These beats are already up for pre-order here in the States, so, just maybe this summer we'll be getting our groove on with a little help from the Delphic guys. It's nice to see this won't just be a rest-of-the-world kind of thing!

While we wait for Acolyte to drop in June, here's a sampling of what you can expect.

Really, it's brilliant stuff.

Doubt


Halcyon


The Momentary


Counterpoint


This would be a perfect summer show here in the mountain time zone. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.