Wednesday, December 2, 2009

No Distance Left to Run

When you think of band you wish you could have seen live, we all have our short list of missed opportunities. Usually it's a case of bad timing, youth or just life getting in the way, plain and simple.

My top one should come as no surprise. If the Talking Heads ever got back together for a farewell whirl, you better bet I'd be there. And no, David Byrne's world-beats won't cut it alone.

Then there are others like Scissor Sisters that I missed seeing here in Denver because I had my priorities straight and was being a supportive boyfriend that night. But they're still jamming along, with a third album on the precipice, so there may yet be opportunities.

Then there's Blur. They hit me big while I was still on my global hopscotch period so I had the albums, but never a chance to hit one of their concerts. Then they all started fighting, and well, we know what happens then.

They did however get back together for some shows last summer, and like those old James Bond posters tell us, never say never again.

Who knows, I may yet get that chance to see Damon Albarn and company do their live thing versus the animated Gorillaz (amongst other things) he does on the side.

In the meantime they're going to give us a taste of the path to reunion, and it just may have to do, because really, with musicians, you just never know what to expect:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.