Friday, August 29, 2008

"The change we need doesn't come from Washington. Change comes to Washington."

The mood inside Invesco Field was electric as Barack Obama made his pitch to be our next commander in chief.


He asked for my support tonight, and he earned it.

He is the right leader at the right time for an America desperate for change.

What I saw tonight was like little I have experienced before. Hours later back at home I am still tingling.

My most heartfelt of thanks to the friends who thought of us and made this it possible for us to be there in person. It is something I will never forget.

Obama did one other small important thing tonight:

However this election turns, I will be forever grateful to him for acknowledging me and my partner. He unequivocally made clear to all of America that we do exist.

And there, amongst a packed stadium, I sat next to my partner and smiled.

There are so many other convincing reasons I have been given tonight to support Barack Obama. But this one hits me right at home, everyday.

And let's be absolutely clear: It matters.

Come November: Si se puede. Yes, yes we can.

By the time the speech was over and the fireworks were going off over my head, the hours long excruciating march through security was quickly forgotten. Kudos to the smiling Denver police who brought us all water as we melted step by step into the psychedelic line arrangements organizers forgot to consider while trying to funnel in 80000 people through metal detectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.