Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Storm Riders Reunite


Back in my global days, I had the really neat opportunity to visit Centro Digital, a special effects house based in Hong Kong. I was like a kid in the dvd-extras section of a candy store as the owner showed us how cinema magic is really done.

At the time they had self-released The Storm Riders, a martial arts epic, as a canvas for the type of work they could do. A giddy popcorn effects extravaganza, it was really cool getting to see first-hand how they made that kung fu world full of mystic powers and wide panoramas come to life.

Needless to say, my The Storm Riders dvd is an old favorite of mine that I still pop in from time to time.

Now, from Monkey Peaches, comes news that there is a sequel filming as we speak. Centro seems to be out of the picture, but the project is in the respected hands of the Pang Brothers, part of the new generation of Hong Kong directors.

This is a very neat surprise!

I look forward to the continuing adventures of Striding Cloud and Whispering Wind in Storm Riders II!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.