Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Radio is too dangerous.

Everyone should have a relationship with the music they listen to, and accept it for what it is. My dear old diva of a friend made me smile this week while recounting a recent day when the music turned on her.

She starts with a music manifesto of sorts that I can relate to, minus the giving up television bit:

It's not just that I love music, it's that I feel differently when I hear it, I require it to get through my day, and I associate it with all things great and small. I could give up television tomorrow, and while I might miss it a little bit, I say in all honesty I can't fathom being alive without listening to music. I have songs that belong to periods of my life, I have songs that belong to specific memories, I have songs that belong to depression, songs that belong to rapture, I have songs that belong to friends. I have music that I listen to that I know nobody else connects to but me (that's how I feel, anyway), and I have music that I listen to with the rest of the world.

But the brilliant part that follows illustrates the clever ways music can taunt you.

To find out why her radio turned DANGEROUS one day recently, just click on through here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, dear, that's very sweet. But if you call me "old" again I will kick your absurdly skinny bum. (PS: Hi, Nelse!)

    ReplyDelete

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.