Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Once More with The Feeling

Last month a CD was left on the kitchen counter and I was told, "Don't worry, you'll like it."

Usually that sends shivers of mopey-modern-singer-songwriter fear down my spine. My iPod has sometimes been cursed with music I am supposed to like.

So, I loaded "Twelve Stop and Home" by The Feeling and then proceeded to, pretty much, ignore it.

There I was then, on Saturday, sitting on a plane, desperately trying to drown out an unfortunately hysterical toddler when my playlist randomly landed on them.

Suddenly I could not get enough.

The album has been on endless repeat ever since.

The Feeling are unabashed pop-rockers, putting a modern spin on the sounds of the 1980s. They have been hugely successful over on their home turf in the British Isles.

Unfortunately, America has yet to warm up as well to them. The dark video for "Sewn" played endlessly last year on VH1, but did little to hook me. I skipped past it more than a few times, seriously creeped out by the threads crawling under the lead singer's skin.

Of course, leave it to me to get into a band just in time for their follow-up album to be unavailable Stateside. "Join With Us" was released this week in the United Kingdom, with no annouced release date here.

Enjoy this tease of their new hit single, "I Thought it was Over."



Apparently, they toured through Denver a few times supporting the first album. Here's hoping we get another chance to see them this year.

If you are piqued, there is a great interview from last year with the band's lead singer over on Chart Rigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.