Thursday, February 14, 2008

2008 Albums on the Everything is Pop Radar

The first couple of months of the year are always quiet for new music releases, which gives me a great chance to start thinking about the big releases expected through this year.

In alphabetical order, with some comments snuck in, here’s a quick rundown of albums to potentially get excited about in 2008…

Annie
Although I haven’t been able to confirm anything yet I’ve been hearing about a new album for the past couple of years. After the amazing dance-pop album “Anniemal” I can’t wait to hear more from this Norwegian.

Basement Jaxx

Blur

Coldplay

The Feeling


Fergie


Franz Ferdinand

Now they are just teasing me… they’ve been away too long.

Futureheads

Garbage
Can’t wait for this one!

Gnarls Barley

Goldfrapp

"Seventh Tree" – The disco balls are being replaced with candles, but it's supposed to be a phenomenal album.

Green Day

Hot Chip

“Made in the Dark”

Junior Boys

Kaiser Chiefs

Keane
Sober again and ready to churn out more stripped down piano driven tunes.

Keri Hilson
“In a Perfect World” - She sang the vocal on Timbalands “The Way I Are”.

The Killers
Third album of all new material!!!!!

Ladytron

Madonna

“Licorice” is expected to hit sometime in March/April. Rumors have it that Madonna has collaborated with everyone from Timbaland (who hasn’t), Justin Timberlake, Pharrell, Danja, Mark Stent, Felix Da Housecat (this could be really cool), Swiss Beatz (the Britney people), and Akon. Obviously, she is going for a more urban sound so I am a little nervous. Let’s just hope that Madonna doesn’t rap on this one!

Matisyahu

Natasha Bedingfield

“Pocketful of Sunshine” - Although this has been out since April overseas we will be getting a much re-worked version for the US. I hate record labels!

No Doubt
I have to admit I have enjoyed most of Stefani’s solo material, but I am ready for the return of this band. Rumor has it that the tracks have all been recorded and Stefani just needs to add vocals. My fingers are crossed for an early summer release and tour.

Weezer
Tentatively titled “Album Six”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.