Saturday, September 15, 2007

Thursday Three-Way SMACKDOWN!

There's a Tivo Smackdown of epic proportions brewing. Sadly, someone's going down.











The quandary: My days of live appointment television are happily behind me but the Tivo controls this habit. It's stubborn and only records two shows at once.

Someone's getting cut in the 7pm hour on Thursdays:

ABC: Ugly Betty... This one's basically non-negotiable now. Revisiting the dvds lately has only whetted the appetite for more Mode madness. Ugly Betty is beautiful.

CBS: Survivor: China... Still the best reality show on air (until The Amazing Race returns later in the season). It's also the one show that friends and coworkers still somehow seem to watch, so it has the watercooler effect going for it.

NBC: 30 Rock... As pitch perfect a comedy as is out there. Brilliantly fearless casting, dense scripts, light pacing and inside jokes rewarding viewer loyalty. You really can't ask much more from a show.

So which one goes?



1 comment:

  1. The first person voted off of Thursday night Tivo scheduling...


    Survivor. The tribe has spoken.


    "Wow, what a shock. I never expected to get voted off so soon. I guess my lack of originality and personality must have led to me getting voted off. Maybe it was the endless water challenges or the utter predictability of my game. Anyway, I love you Mark Burnett. I'll be home soon!"

    ReplyDelete

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.