Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Still got the beat at 50?

On The Road is one of those books that everyone should read at some point.

Jack Kerouac's groundbreaking novel turns 50 this year, and Newsweek has a great piece this week talking about the book's impact and how the book world plans to celebrate.

The image the article paints of the young Kerouac writing this novel strikes me as very real and complicated. Just like people are in real life.

All I know is I want to pick up some of these new editions of On The Road when they come out, as well as some of the biographies. It's been more than a decade since I first devoured my way through almost everything Kerouac wrote. It will be interesting to see how I react to it now.

You can read the Newsweek article HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can choose to randomly remove comments on here at will, with no explanation.